Application DBA's or ADBA's are responsible for looking after the application tasks pertaining to a specific application.
This includes the creation of database objects, snapshots, SQL tuning, etc.
Typical ADBA responsibilities:
* Implement and maintain the database design
* Create database objects (tables, indexes, etc.)
* Write database procedures, functions and triggers
* Assist developers with database activities
* Tune database queries
* Monitor application related jobs and data replication activities